Thursday 21 April 2011

Romeo and Juliet

This is something I saw at home during the Easter hols. I just HAD to share my amazing theatre experience with you:
I may be bias about this show because my old youth theatre company holds a special place in my heart. I truly believe that if it wasn't for Stage2, I would not have the experience, confidence or basic background knowledge of theatre to actually go to university today. You name the show and you can guarantee that Stage2 has probably performed this. There is something a little different about the Shakespeare's. Liz Light, our director, is obsessed with this man and so when you go to see a Shakespeare directed by Liz, no matter how well you think you know the play, she will always make you see things in a different way. This is my review:

Amazing! I left the theatre speechless. I was blown away by every tiny detail that added up to the magnificent scale of the production. Different concepts of characters and plot just made the tragic story even more heartfelt and emotional, including domestic violence within the Capulet family and scandal between Tybalt and his aunt. With a cast of 100, the action was kept alive during every minute and there was not a dull moment. The sword fights were fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment